In 2008, Guild Hardy Architects merged with Eley Associates / Architects of Jackson to create one of the largest architectural, engineering and interior design firms in the state. Now known as Eley Guild Hardy Architects, the firm was founded in 1953 on the principle of providing comprehensive professional services and excellent design. EGH operates out of its LEED Certified Biloxi Office and its recently renovated historic First National Bank building in downtown Jackson which is currently under USGBC review for LEED Silver for Commercial Interiors.
James H. Eley founded Eley Associates / Architects in 1975 on the premise of acknowledging an obligation to satisfy the clients’ needs by designing both beautiful and functionally efficient buildings and by completing projects within established budgets and schedules.
Willis T. Guild Jr., AIA along with Lloyd K. Grace, AIA, founded in 1953 what would become one of the most respected design firms on the coast. Customer service has always been the firm's priority which has nurtured many long-term client relationships that are continued today.
Less than two months before Katrina, the firm was fortunate to have consolidated its two Gulf Coast offices into its new facility in Biloxi which was virtually untouched by the storm. Both of its former offices located near Beach Boulevard, however, were completely devastated.