Our Work / Renovation & Restoration
Eley Guild Hardy – Jackson Office
Designed in 1923 by the noted firm of Mayre, Alger & Alger Architects of Atlanta, Georgia, the public facades of the main building remain remarkably intact boasting a limestone colonnade of giant order ionic columns supporting a broad limestone entablature ornately detailed with anthemion antefixae. Terra Cotta tile surround frame the cypress wood windows and the cast iron door surround remains in place. The original revolving entry door has been replaced with a balanced bronze entry door. The building has two full floors, a mezzanine and a basement. The basement contains the original vaults which will now serve as conference rooms. The main space is a two story volume with ornate plaster work providing rich detailing at the ceiling coffers.
Date of Completion: 2010